November Athlete of the Month
Congratulations to Eric Pickens for his hard work and dedication over the last 9 months!
You can find Eric regularly at 3:30pm class going 100% in any work out he’s doing. Eric also recently completed our Labor Day Meltdown nutrition challenge and saw great results.
Learn more about Eric’s journey at NNCF below:
- I started training at NNCF in April 2018, and usually try to make it 4-5 days a week.
- I played baseball and basketball in school but after high school I haven’t really been as active. I never really cared for going to the gym to workout. But once I turned 30 I figured it was time to try something before the beer gut got out of control, so I decided to give CrossFit a try.
- I don’t remember what the first workout was, but it involved pull-ups and I just remember that i couldn’t straighten my arms out for days afterwards.
- My favorite workout recently was the day we had the option to do either the max effort 1k row or 3 min max calorie AA. But Coach Jason decided the 3:30 class was going to do both workouts, which I kind of wanted to do anyways. It was a great workout, even though I thought I was going to die on the bike.
- My least favorite workout is anything that involves overhead squats and a lot of running.
- I never really liked going to gym to workout and had went to places like planet fitness a time or two with some friends but I could never get motivated enough to go back. After going through the on-ramp at NNCF and going to a a few classes, I was instantly hooked. Its a great atmosphere and the coaches are great, they are always there to help if you’re struggling with a movement and they also know when to push you to your limits.
- A couple of my favorite moments were when I was finally able to string together kipping pull-ups and handstand push-ups.
2018 11 06